Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fall Favorites


Fall is the season for mums in the beautiful colors of autumn. I like the way the sunlight on everything has a golden sort of glow. The grasses have lovely purples and reds in them. While I was away a grandpuppy who shall not be named had a field day in part of my garden, destroying about half of it. We just filled it up with lots of mums.


Palisade peaches and Olathe corn are in season. We try to have corn just about every night. I get the peaches from the local farmer's market. The tomatoes I have been growing all summer are just starting to turn red. I hope they make it before the cold sets in.
Last but not least, the US Open started this week so the recorder is working overtime to catch all of the excitement. We traveled to New York with friends to watch the qualifying rounds last Thursday. My husband took all the photographs so will have to get them from him and post later.

No comments: