Monday, January 12, 2009

Snow Day and Monday

It is a beautiful snowy morning in the Rocky Mountains. I wanted to follow up on some previous posts. First, the refried bean failure turned out to be the best soup I have ever eaten. No kidding. I don't think I would be able to duplicate the process but even if it was close it would be worth it. If anyone wants to try the refried bean recipe, it can be found at www.cooking-mexican-recipes.com/pinto_bean_recipes.html. If those beans are as good as the soup it would be worth the trouble. I have to eat my words. Do not try the crockpot scenario like I did unless you are trying to make the accidental soup. I also used the roasted garlic chopped up in some homemade guacamole and it was great as well.

Next, I finished the aspen stand watercolor. I ended up using pastels to get the look I wanted which changes this to the mixed media aspen stand. I like this but don't love it. I think I will do it over in acrylics to try and get the concept I originally was after.

No comments: